Monday, February 9, 2009

Greetings from Timor Leste!


Received a very warm welcome from the Timorese mozzies as soon as I stepped on local soil. Our landlord's family and the Flores family(the Filippino missionary family here) were all happy to see us back,and so were we! The dogs, Charcoal & Rocky are doing well and seem contented to be at home with us again. They are more affectionate, coming to us for cuddles (I love Cuddles & Snowy too!) after not seeing us for those couple of weeks. We give thanks that the Lord protected everything here – the house, car and pets. Our home hasn't flooded (even though it rained everyday), so it's a good sign.

I enjoyed myself thoroughly in Brisbane, a big part due to all of you who have been so warm and welcoming. It's like being at home! It's interesting how with you guys, I hardly felt that kind of awkwardness typical in new friendships, where small talk and long silences might be the norm. Instead, I felt accepted for who I was almost immediately. I loved the fellowship, worship, learning the word that I missed so much… I think the Lord really knows how it will sustain me here for the next few months!

It was great to finally meet the 'characters' in person after hearingall about your exploits over the last couple of months – Nee Kee & Peter are funnier than I thought; Joel's cooking IS really 5-stars tandard; Leann & Sharon are excellent at putting Jaevis in his place; Ming DOES talk quite a bit, especially when it comes to Chinese drama series; Grace's legendary cakes are totally yummy… you get the idea:) At least when Jae & I pray for the life group, I can put a face to the name!

Jaevis has grown so much with all your love and encouragement, and just because of that, I know that NG 3 is the right place to be – a family that one can call their own. You're a great lot!
Thank you for all your well wishes and prayers. It was such a short time that I didn't get to talk to each of you much... BUT I lookforward to getting to know you guys better soon! ;)


In His Love,

Jess



Ps/ Want to find out more about Timor? Check here and here, and here for photos!

(1) here : http://www.loveeasttimor.com/

(2) here : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timor

(3) here : http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=59648&id=661643820&saved#/album.php?aid=59637&id=661643820

No comments: