Monday, May 17, 2010

LET'S DO IT - 'YES WE CARE'


Yes! We Care 2009 was a great success with hundreds of home helped by volunteers across the greater Brisbane region from many churches getting involved in giving needy people a hand in backyard clean ups, weeding, window cleaning etc.
I took part in it in year 2007. What touched my heart the most was when I saw the appreciation in the eyes of the aged people for the help they received from us. It only required a few hours of my time and not too much of sweat but imagined it could be a few days of hard work and inconvenience to the aged or burdened family.
I remembered when we gathered in the church before departure for the cleaning job, I saw some older people were part of the event too. It encouraged me so much to see that people whom are at an older age and a weaker body would avail themselves to bless others in the community, how much more should I as a person at a younger age and a complete body go forth and contribute to the community when I am given the chance to?
You can check out last year's clip to find out what it is about!
Check out the photos of our participation in year 2007 for the Yes We Care event:
http://picasaweb.google.com/hopebrisbaneng3/2007YesWeCare#
This year 2010
- another occasion is set for Christians across the city to demonstrate in a practical and united way, the love of God to people who need a helping hand in some way. We clean, wash windows, remove rubbish to the tip, repair fences, screen doors etc etc.
Day’s Programme
· Teams meet and sign on
· Do work assignments (usuallyone or two assignments perteam)
· Meet at the Zone MeetingPoints at 1:00pm for a barbecue lunch

This is such a great opportunity to get involved. No major skills required but a willing heart. DO make good use of your weekend in doing something meaningful - making Brisbane a better place and ultimately expanding the Kingdom.
Life group will carry on as usual if we do not have more than half of NG 3 joining this event.
If you like to register or need transport, please contact Joel.

Need more reasons to go? Here a list of them....


Matthew 25:40-43
40"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.' 41"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.'

No comments: