Saturday, April 4, 2009

No Weapon Formed Shall Prosper



No Weapon Formed Shall Prosper
by Joel Osteen

Sometimes there are seasons in life when it seems like every time you turn around something is coming against you. In times like these, I always go back to one of my favorite scriptures, Isaiah 54:17, that reminds us that no weapon formed against us shall prosper. Notice it doesn't say that no weapon will be formed; it says that it won't prosper. In other words, we shouldn't be surprised when things come against us in this life. The Bible warns that we will have trials in life, but we can be encouraged because we have victory living on the inside of us–our faith in Jesus Christ!

People tell me all the time, "Oh Joel, you're always so positive." But I can't help it; I know we serve a positive God. I don't read anywhere in the Bible that we are supposed to go around talking doom and gloom or meditate on everything that's wrong in the world. Instead, we are to have an attitude of faith. We are to speak victory over our lives. Remember, your words have creative power. If you want to know what you're going to be like five years from now, just listen to what you're saying about your life today. You are prophesying your future. And when you declare God's Word over your life, you are creating a path for His promises to unfold. Don't use your words to describe your situation; use your words to change your situation!

On Friday, it was such an honor to be in Columbus, Ohio at the Value City Arena. We had a tremendous crowd in spite of the tornados and rough weather that week. I can just imagine some people impacted by the storm saying, "No weapon formed against me is going to prosper! I am going to worship the Lord tonight! I'm going to see my breakthrough!" The atmosphere was charged with expectancy, and best of all, about 80% of the people stood up to make a decision for Jesus Christ. We're so thankful to all the volunteers and supporters who made that evening possible.

Remember, when you partner with this ministry, you are a part of every life changed! I invite you to check back with us as often as you can for updates on how together we are making a difference all over the world.

No comments: