Tuesday, July 13, 2010

FASTEN YOUR SEATBELT FOR AN EMPOWERED FAST & PRAYER FORTNIGHT!

[source]

A quiet time of humbling ourselves before the Lord will allow Him the time to reveal anything that doesn't please Him.

Psalm 139:23, 24 offers us a model of a prayer: "Search me, O God, and know my heart; try me and know my anxious thoughts; and see if there be any hurtful way in me, and lead me in the everlasting way."

When we see the dirt in our lives, we need to make sure we don't move to self-condemnation, but instead take the step God desires from us: confessing our sin to the Lord.

It's important to recognize that sin grieves our Holy Father, so much so that He sacrificed His precious Son for our sin. We need to call sin what it is; it's not a bad habit, a bad choice, or a mistake. Sin is sin, and its roots are rebellion and independence from God. By His death on a cross Jesus has already forgiven us, but confessing our sins is a way of acknowledging and remembering that we need a Saviour.

By being honest with God about our sin, we discover a great treasure: He loves us just as we are, and at the same time He wants to transform our character to be like His.

Take part in this Fast & Prayer Fortnight ‘House of Prayer’ from today onwards – allow God to change your perspectives on things. Allow Jesus to cleanse you from the inside out. Allow the Holy Spirit to birth new dreams and visions into your heart. Allow our Father to search our hearts and lead us into new ground on our walk with Him.



Click here for a copy of the Fast & Prayer Calendar to help you seek God and see what He would do in you this fortnight!

"Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."

Jeremiah 29:12-13 (NIV)

No comments: