Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A Letter from Allister...


My daily routine at the Alumina refinery:


Early in the morning, I wake up to a cold air-con room. I set my alarm at 5am, 5.15am and 5.30am for a, before 6am rise. While washing up, turn on the news for SBS news, Skynews and BBC news. Change to my uniform and then leave my room for breakfast. Later take the bus at 6.25am for a 20min ride to the refinery. At the mine site, I have to wear goggles, hard hats and sometimes ear plugs for safety. Go to my office start work at 7am and finish at 3.30pm and that is my day. When I come back to my “bunk”, I will change to my running gear and start running. As hot as it may be, the sweat and pain actually help me not to rely on myself but on God to sustain me throughout each run. It helps keep me alive and refresh. In the weekends, other than going to the church, I would stay in my room watching TV and do some reading.


Hi there, it seems like there are some key events that I have missed i.e. “In His Steps” getaway, bb Nathan Eng arriving into this world and the Aug babes b’days. I am currently living like a hermit now and super-bored but don’t worry, it’s not the first time and I promise I won’t go crazy, haha. I still had the farewell gift you have given me and it is on my table, thanks for that. Whenever I look at it, I would remember the time we have spent early this year, remembering the morning sky and rainbow. Keeps me sane and reminds me that God is always with us no matter where we are. Well I am beginning to miss brissy now but I will be coming back for short stint soon, so wait for my return, cya!


No comments: